This rope converts kinetic energy of a towing vehicle which is excellent for assisting the recovery of trapped vehicles without the need for a winch.
- Dynamic vehicle recovery
- Tow rope
Benefits: soft, washable and shock absorbing.
Soft eye splices on each end (9 meter length)
*Please note this product has a 7-14 day lead time*
WARNING: Kinetic ropes can be highly dangerous, to both people and property, if used incorrectly. Due to the > 20% stretch of a kinetic rope, the forces created by momentum can easily overcome the breaking limits of anchoring points, connectors (shackles), or the kinetic rope. The elasticity of the kinetic rope can create a slingshot effect, which can cause serious damage or injury to people. Ropes for Africa cannot be held responsible for any damage or injury caused by these kinetic ropes.
- The first rule is not to expose you or your vehicle to any harm by getting stuck.
- The recovery vehicle must be of similar weight to the bogged down vehicle.
- Only use anchoring points on a vehicle that are connected directly to the chassis and are rated by the manufacturer.
- Only use correct size rated connectors (shackles).
- Never use a kinetic rope on a winch or as a winch cable extension.
- Never tie knots in a kinetic rope when connecting it to a vehicle.
- Never use a damaged kinetic rope.
- Never combine or extend this rope with other ropes, webbings, chains or cables.
- Add 20% of the rope's length in the direction of pull, make a mark on the ground, and never exceed this distance with the recovery vehicle when pulling.
- Beware of bystanders in the radius of the length of the rope.
- Keep the rope clean and free from sand or grit.